Friday, August 10, 2012

Spider!

I have to admit to catching spiders to take them outside, but I'm not good at taking them outside so I leave them in the glass until someone comes in who can do it for me. I get scared that the spider will run out of oxygen in the glass so I prop the glass up a little with a matchstick so that the spider is still inside the glass, but has enough air to breathe. Very silly I know but it makes me feel better.

I'm not the only one who gets scared of spiders by a long shot. I make these little fellas for my craft stall. I get at least one comment from someone who is scared of spiders at every show.  But even more comments from people who are intrigued.

 This little fella is made from magnetic hematite and glass seed beads. I found him stuck to the side of my computer one day. He scared me to death!

Ps. I'm glad i was decent when i took this photo! I'm visible as a reflection in his body, and on his head!

2 comments:

  1. My Great-Grandmother had a spider brooch she wore. My Mum has it now. If I remember, I'll get a photo of it for you, next time I'm home.

    ReplyDelete