Friday, February 15, 2013

Love and light - Tanya's Blog Hop

I "met" Tanya through a couple of groups on facebook and started following her blog which is where I saw her "Beads for Blogging" feature.

The gist was that you applied to Tanya for some beads and then you blogged about them. I was one of the lucky people who was chosen to join in and got sent these lovelies.

And I made this necklace which I kept all for myself

5
I bought a few beads here and there from Tanya, as well as gorgeous semi precious bracelet which she made herself.

I'm not sure anyone needs to know the rest. hearing about her getting iller on facebook was so sad, and the shock of seeing the memo from her family that she had passed was more than words could say.


Love and Light blog hop: Remembering Tanya Boden aka Fusion Muse

For this blog hop, I decided to make something from something I had bought from Tanya.A beautiful briolette. As with all my extra special purchases, I was saving this for something special and figured this was the perfect opportunity. And once again, I'm keeping this one for me.

5

I've had the faceted amethyst rounds in my bead stash for a while and though that it was time to use them. And I treated myself to a beautiful Trinity connector.

Other people taking part are here:-

Solange Colling Ahowin Handcrafted Jewelry
Liss Silverwing http://lisssilverwing.blogspot.com/
Cherry Obsidia http://cherryobsidia.blogspot.co.uk/
Rana Lea http://ranaleadesigns.blogspot.com/
Leah Curtis http://beadyeyedbunny.blogspot.co.uk/
Lori Anderson http://www.prettythingsblog.com/
Ingrid www.wrappedinsilver.com

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute - I love both your pieces, and I would keep them for myself too :)
    Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute to Tanya, Simple,Elegant and wonderful designs, I love both of them. " Love and hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Sarah, Tanya is going to be so proud! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I think we have used the same briolette :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, Sarah! I cherish the bracelet I have from Tan too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, easily wearable pieces. A simple and wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful! I love briolettes and you did a lovely job with yours. I think Tan would love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first time I've used a briolette. i think I like it! And thankyou x

      Delete
  7. Tanya's Blogging for Beads was a wonderful idea. I love your elegant, timeless designs and am glad you treated yourself to the trinity connector for her lovely brio. All it takes is one gesture to be meaningful to someone, just like the one bead is so perfect for that design.

    She would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your your kind comments. I didn't know Tanya as well as the rest of the people in the hop, but wanted to take part just because of that. I applied to "beads for blogging" as someone unknown to her and she was so kind and lovely.

      Delete
  8. I love all of these but the last photo is amazing, xxx

    ReplyDelete