Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Recycling and Upcycling

I just love colours, textures and semi precious gemstones. When I see a gemstone that I like, I try to think how best I can show it off.

I also get some gemstones that come my way when they are overlooked by others. I feel I can see the beauty in these  beads discarded by traditional makers and create a design using them as a focus.

Sari Silk and Shell Necklace


This necklace has a crack going across the top of the circular pendant, but it was actually a bonus to my design when making the freeform bail as it made for an asymmetric flat top to the pendant.

Brown and Gold Multi-use Necklace


And the majority of these beads were destined for landfill but I reclaimed them by dismantling lots of broken jewellery.

Fuschia Brooch


This is the result of searching through my pink odds and ends stash. I keep all my odds and ends in a colour themed tub and then get inspired by them to create a design.

2 comments: