Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 18th - Mixed Media Challenge

So I started my experiment for the Mixed Media challenge here.

The challenge stated:-

"Just like a crazy quilt, this challenge is to use a variety of materials, designs & colours to create a unique one-of-a-kind piece.  Step out on a limb, dare to try something new & adventurous."

I started by crocheting a ruffle bib onto a choker wire using vintage embroidery silks.

5

Then after sewing the ends of the threads in, I decided it needed something extra and I was inspired by peacocks.


And I added some vintage acrylic cabochons that I bought from Etsy whilst someone was having a destash a few months ago and ended up with this!


5
And now listed for sale at https://www.etsy.com/listing/106335807/peacock-inspired-crochet-choker-vintage

3 comments:

  1. Love your crochet scallops with the cabs - really nice choker... good luck with challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I see that you have sold the piece. I'm not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite sold yet, but gone for sale to a independent retail shop in Leeds :)

      Delete